Learning Log 36

 Learning Log 36


Daniel had his last week of Yates Place! He received a year book and got to party with all his Yates Place friends at the park in an event put on by his teachers and the high school students. That was fun!

But the best part of this week was getting to do two of his career exploration project interviews! He got to speak with Dr. Alison Whiting who is the curator of herpetology at BYU's Bean Life Museum. That was soooo cool! We got to see the specimen rooms and the DNA lab and she was so kind and helpful. 

We also got to speak with Officer Stephanie Whitehead who is our animal control officer here in Payson. She was also very gracious and gave us a lot of really good information about what it takes to be in animal control.

We have two more interviews lined up. We will meet with the Sargent over the K9 unit here in Payson today and we will be meeting with the assistant director of freshwater husbandry at the Loveland Living Aquarium on Thursday!

I love this as an end-of-year project! The meetings have been so cool and it's a great way to help direct Daniel's interests and goals. 

All-in-all, it's been another successful year! I'm not sure if we're going to be using OpenEd again. I did apply for the UFA scholarship and if we get that, we won't be able to use OpenEd. If we don't, I'm considering moving to Harmony because Yates Place submits their reports directly to Harmony and I think I might get more information about what Daniel is doing at Yates Place that way, so we will see! 

The last life-event that we got to experience this week was my grandpa's 93rd birthday. Not sure how much longer he'll be with us, but I've been grateful for the chance to visit him now that he is in a facility so close. And I've been extra grateful that Daniel has been able to have that experience with me.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Log #8

Learning Log 34

Learning Log #5